A handpicked list of the latest and most interesting digital jobs in Australia.
Head of Gaming & Streaming at Cure Cancer Australia (Sydney)
This is an interesting role and it took me a little bit of time to understand it. Let me break it down:
- Cure Cancer Australia 'fund early-career cancer researchers who are working across all cancers and all areas of cancer research.'
- They partner with a range of research institutions across Australia including the Olivia Newton John Cancer Research Institute in Victoria and the QIMR Berghofer Research Institute in Queensland.
- One of their fundraising initiatives is Game on Cancer or STREAMtember, aimed at engaging gamers, famous streamers and content creators to help raise funds within their communities and audiences.
- This role, the Head of Gaming & Streaming, will be tasked with growing relationships and partnerships with the video game industry and community.
- You'll be 'providing strategic leadership and oversight across fundraising, marketing and customer experience initiatives related to the organisations gaming activities. This includes hands on development and execution fundraising initiatives to drive revenue, donor base and engagement.'
- My take: This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with video game industry experience looking to drive some innovative change across a relatively untapped community that is eager to give back.
Also open: Community Executive: Gaming & Streaming
Cure Cancer supports researchers at the start of their careers, when few other funding bodies will take the chance. Over the past 54 years, Cure Cancer has raised $81.3m to support over 534 lifesaving research grants across all cancer types.
Digital Specialist at Institute for Economics & Peace (Sydney)
Non-profit research organisation that focuses on the communication of research on global peace. This role covers social media, website and reporting.
Digital Content Producer – Asia Pacific at Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (Remote from anywhere in Australia)
IEEFA is an independent think tank that examines issues related to energy markets, trends and policies.
Music Data Editor at Moodagent (Sydney)
Do you have knowledge about a wide range of musical genres, a strong understanding of the music ecosystem, AND a good sense of online communities and behaviours in relation to music and musical culture? Moodagent is a music recommendation AI.
AU Creator Specialist at Pinterest (Sydney)
Entry-level influencer management role. Drive education and initiatives for creators.
Digital and Brand Marketing Manager at St. Frock (Sydney)
Responsible for developing, implementing and managing marketing campaigns for this fashion brand.
Story Specialist at Leukaemia Foundation (Brisbane)
Develop engaging content to share the impact the Leukaemia Foundation has on the lives of people living with blood cancer.
Digital Content Specialist at Victoria Walks (Melbourne)
Part-time role to promote amazing walks and hikes in Victoria.
Digital Marketing Coordinator & Content Creator at Charlies Interiors (Sydney)
Rare to see content roles with a decent salary in Sydney. Charlies Interiors create luxurious residential homes featuring fully furnished and curated designer interiors.
Social Media Coordinator at Penguin Random House Australia & New Zealand (Sydney)
12-month, part-time role to work on social media campaigns for Penguin's Younger reader titles.
Viewing this newsletter online? Subscribe now so you get it in your inbox each day.
Who makes this newsletter and why?
Hi, I'm Mike. I'm not a recruiter or HR person, but I have been working in digital for nearly 20 years. I've done just about every role that exists, from developer to marketer, graphic designer to sales, project manager, and product manager.
While there's no shortage of ways to find a job, I wanted to cut through the noise and showcase only the most interesting, career-defining — maybe even life-changing — opportunities in digital.
Hit reply to reach me or connect on Twitter.